CODE OF CONDUCT FOR KALAPRABODHINI’S INSTITUTE OF DESIGN, KOLHAPUR
Every student, faculty and stakeholder shall
- Ensure that his/ her activities do not conflict with his/ her general responsibility to contribute to the quality of the environment and future welfare of society.
- Apply his skill to the creative, responsible and economic development of his country.
- Provide services of a high standard, to the best of his/ her ability.
- Inform his/ her Client of the conditions of engagement and scale of charges and agree that these conditions shall be the basis of the appointment,
- Not sub-commission to another Interior Designer the work for which he has been commissioned without prior agreement of his Client,
- Not give or take discounts, commissions, gifts or other inducements for the introduction of Clients or of work,
- Act with fairness and impartiality when administering a building contract,
- Maintain a high standard of integrity
- Promote the advancement of Interior Designer, standards of Design education, research, training and practice,.
- When working in other countries, observe the requirements of codes of conduct applicable to the place where he is working.
- Recognize and respect the contribution of his/her associates.
- Recognize and respect the Contribution of the other Designers.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR KALAPRABODHINI’S INSTITUTE OF DESIGN, KOLHAPUR
- Interior Designers shall work within the limits of their profession to further the short and long-term interests of their clients through provision of the following: Appropriate, high- quality and competitive designs, Best professional practice, Efficient, economic and environmentally-sound production means, and honest business practices.
- Interior Designers will clearly define the basis on which their total remuneration is calculated, before accepting an assignment. Respect for client confidentiality.
- Interior Designers will maintain absolute confidentiality in all matters concerning a client’s technology, strategy, organization and business practices and/or any other matter, which is defined as confidential by the client, unless expressly permitted to disclose such information by the client, or if and when such information becomes part of the public domain. Acknowledgment of personal/professional conflicts.
- Interior Designers will not consciously assume or accept a position in which their personal interests conflict with their professional duty. Should a designer find her/himself in such a position, the designer will inform the client of these conflicts. Increased efficiencies through the effective application of digital technology in design practice.
- The Interior Designers shall apply Computer-Aided Industrial Design (CAID) technology and facility, to improve design quality and lower the risks associated with product development. The implementation and use of an effective web-based environment also enables designers to maintain fluid lines of communication and instant data transmission.
© Copyrights 2016, Kalaprabodhini Institute of Design